
The kids were really excited about the first day of school. I thought I was, but I had mixed feelings today. The morning started out with Megan trying to wake me up to get them ready for school. Then I decided to be a good mom and make them a hot breakfast. I made them bacon and eggs and Megan loved them but
Lucee and Paige, of course, didn't want any bacon--and I had already made it..... little buggers! Then, when I was doing
Lucee's hair, I was trying to straighten it and it wasn't working, so I looked and I had turned it off on
accident.....duh! Then I looked and it was close to school starting. I tried to wake Forbes up so we could take the kids to school and he told me to tell the girls to walk to school and then pulled the covers over his head. So, I left him sleeping and drove the kids to school. When I got home I cleaned the house and then just sat there enjoying the clean house before the girls got home. While I was enjoying the quiet I kinda got really sad that summer was over. I was thinking that I couldn't just pick up and go to Seven Peaks when ever I wanted to, I couldn't sleep in and be lazy all day, all the
bbq's with the friends would soon come to an end, and all the fun summer activities are coming to an end. I am sure I will get into the swing of things very soon, but until then, I am kind of depressed that school has started.
4 comments:
I hear ya, it sounds great until the day finally gets here. At least you had a week and 1/2 longer than we did down here. Isn't Forbes in kindergarten this year?
Cute haircuts ladies!
Oh Bugs Bunny, you will soon be happy that you can sub all day with Kimmie. Before you know it it will be summer again
I was so excited today when I saw Paige. It has been a while and I miss having her happy face in my class. I miss Lucee too. I miss those crazy Reynolds kids and that crazy Reynolds lady mom. hahaha. Paige did comment to me about how she loves Mrs. TAylor and how nice she is so I am so excited that she is in there and loving it.
Post a Comment