Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WARNING!!!!!!!!!

This post is not for the weak stomached person. About 3 weeks ago Megan had an ingrown toenail that we couldn't get out. It got really infected over the next week or so. I finally talked her into going to the doctor. They couldn't do anything because it was SO infected, so the put her on a really strong antibiotic. After another week it was still infected so we went back to the doctor. They told us they had to remove it. So they numbed her toe and cut off half of her toenail. Of course I watched the whole thing. I was the coolest thing I have ever seen. They took off almost half her toenail. I was snapping pictures with my phone--the doctor was laughing at me. Here are some pictures............

Before

After

The removed toenail.

After the doctor we had to go to Walmart to get some medicine. Megan got to drive around one of the motorized carts. She thought that was pretty fun. I kept making fun of her that she was an old granny.

7 comments:

Shelane said...

that looks so hurty. may i never have an ingrown toenail.

Allie said...

Oh Megs, I am so sorry. That looks awful. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Bugs Bunny, the same thing happened to me when I was in high school, and they killed my toenail off so that it didn't grow back. It still hasn't. I wish I would have gotten to ride in a cart at Walmy!

The Pratt Pack said...

Holy shnikes that sucker must have hurt. Megan your tuff as nails..and Marne you must have a strong stomach. Like your backgroung thanks for copying me:)

Ashley said...

My little brother had to have the same thing done to both of his toes, kind of grose.

Jocelyn said...

Oh that is so gross. It makes me shiver, it looks so painful.

heidizinha said...

marnie, that is the grossest thing i have ever seen. i love it. thanks for posting pictures for us!

megan, i hope you are feeling a lot better. i've had an ingrown toe nail before and it's so painful. you look like you took it to a new extreme!