Any of you that don't have Facebook might not know about what happened to Forbes this week. It started out at 5 am on Saturday morning. He started throwing up, he threw up every five minutes the entire day. We took him to the doctor and they gave him so phenergan to stop the vomiting, but he just threw that up. On Sunday the he was still throwing up and he had a fever of 104. Monday we took him back to the doctor and they sent us to the hospital for some blood tests. Later that day the doctor called us and told us that he was very dehydrated and the blood wasn't getting to his kidneys because of the dehydration. The doctor told me to take him to the hospital right away so they could admit him. When we got to the hospital he collapsed in the parking garage and I couldn't find anyone to help me. I finally got him in the hospital in a wheel chair. They took him to his room and started an IV. He looked so awful, his face was sunk in, he had dark circles under his eyes, and he had no color in his face. It took a while for the fluids to start to help him. After about 24 hours he looked so much better! We stayed until Wednesday evening, it was a long 3 days! We found out the night before we left the hospital that he had the Rota Virus. I don't think I have ever been that scared. You feel so helpless when your child is that sick and you can't do anything to make him better. He is home and 100% better! Thank you all for your prayers and concern, and a big thanks to all those who came and saw him.
We have great friends and family!
We have great friends and family!
This picture is right before he got to go home.Here are some fun pictures of my guy! I hope he never gets that sick again.
WE LOVE YOU FORBES!!!!

7 comments:
I love you too
Love,
Goose
Poor Forbes! We hope he feels all better (this is Brandi Wilkinson by the way from the ward.) I was debating on whether to keep giving Blair the roto virus vaccine because it gives her a horrible stomach ache and she cries so much afterwards but I think you just convinced me that I should probably give it to her.
Yea for Super Mom and Spider Forbes! Welcome back to the land of the living. Although, I really like the idea of chocolate shakes ANY time I want them from the 24 hr snack bar at the hospital. mmmm!
SO SCARY!! I am glad that he is doing better!
oh my gosh!!! i'm horrible at checking facebook, so I had no idea!! I'm so glad he's doing better. How scary for you to watch him be so sick and helpless!!!
prayers are answered! thank goodness!
Oh my gosh! So glad he is OK. I guess I need to get on facebook more
Post a Comment