My favorite talk of Conference was in the Sunday morning session by President Monson. He was talking about how we need to make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future. And that if we are still in the process of raising children, that the tiny fingerprints that show up on all the clean surfaces, the toys scattered across the house, the piles and piles of dirty laundry that need to be done, will disappear all too soon, and to our surprise, we will miss them profoundly. As he was saying all of that I started looking around my living room, there were toys from Forbes' birthday scattered all over the floor. I looked out my front window and sure enough there were little fingerprints ALL over them. And I thought about the piles of laundry in my room waiting to be folded. I realized that President Monson was talking to ME. It was as if he was looking around my house and my life and telling me how to deal with the stage of life I am in right now. That was just another testimony that he is a prophet of God. It was such a simple, yet, important message. I hope I can take what he said and make the most of today and do all I can to make good memories for my kids, that they will always have. Tiny fingerprints on the windows....
Piles of laundry to be folded.....

2 comments:
ha ha...that's a funny story about lucee
MARNIE! I am just so proud that you watched AND listened to conference! I liked that talk too. My laundery is hidden in my room, but it is still there. I wonder if I enjoy the ride does that include dinner out along the way?
Post a Comment